You may have received an owl about the fact that it’s 20 years since Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was published. To celebrate this momentous occasion, Bloomsbury are choosing 20 bookshops to take part in their Harry Potter Magic Bookshop Trivia Tournament! Chicken and Frog have been lucky enough to be chosen as one of those bookshops!
We are holding our event on Friday 30th June, 6:30pm at Brentwood County High School (in the library, naturally).
If you would like to enter, here are the rules:
- Teams of no more than four – there must be at least one adult per team
- Participants organise their own teams
- You must book in advance
- We are asking that each team member contributes £2 to J.K.Rowling’s charity, LUMOS which we will collect on their behalf
- You can not share any of the questions/answers on social media
- Dressing as a witch/wizard/magical character is highly encouraged
Bloomsbury are supplying us with a wonderful prize for the winning team, who will then be invited by Bloomsbury, to take part in a national competition against the winning teams from the other 19 bookshops some time in October (date to be confirmed).
So, to round up, if you want to secure a team place, you must visit Chicken and Frog Bookshop, with your charity contribution and list of names asap. Spaces are limited!